A few links, videos, and other online ephemera from our favorite sites this past week:
- Yes they did: The photographer who brought us Breach of Peace: Portraits of the 1961 Mississippi Freedom Riders has a wonderful series on his blog that features the reflections of the civil rights activists on Obama’s victory. Here are the folks, both black and white, who deserve our thanks and gratitude this year.
- 389 Years: And speaking of progress, check out this typographic mashup, soon to be a poster.
- Chick a change chick a chane change… Kudos to Creative Endeavors for re-posting the lyrics and audio to “Barack’s House.” We think this parody is innovative, fun, and yes, racially sensitive.
- Bayou Update: Great news for those who love the webcomic, Bayou, as much as I do. They’re making a book! And possibly an animated series! (Hat tip: Glyphs)
- What shade of blue are you? Check out this interactive site promoting the blues. I can’t decide if I like Chicago or the Delta more. (Hat tip: Brand Flakes for Breakfast)
- Get Up! And thanks to Tom Joyner in the morning (sigh), I can’t start my day without hearing Mary Mary’s new song. 24 hours, almost gone!
Thanks for visiting our site! Receive updates from The Bottom of Heaven by subscribing to our feed.